Jonestown Gets Tagged and It Leaves a Welt
Our friend Pygalgia decided that Jonestown was worthy of some kind of award. I’m not sure if means it or if he finally got those Peyote Buttons we mailed him, and he’s flipped his proverbial Lid. Whatever the case, he’s tagged me as a “Thinking Blogger.” Talk about pressure. (Thanks for the Silver Tag by the way. I cannot stand Gold, it reminds me of Lee Press-on Nails, and Chevy Camaros).
According to the rules this is what I’m supposed to do:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
Wow, more pressure. I have to choose (Only) Five Blogs that make me think. (I’m assuming that means “think” in a good way. Otherwise I could choose every Wingnut Blog I’ve ever seen because they always make me think, “Is Eugenics really such a bad thing?”)
The first two are easy, as they supported me during my first month when I thought about deleting Jonestown almost every day because other than me no one was reading it. They stuck with me until I found my “niche.”
The rest are tricky because I don’t hookup with Junk, other than Buchanan, but he’s there for show, and to demonstrate how insane Wingnuts really are, but I digress.
Anyway, here goes:
1) Reasic– Reasic is the shit, and that’s straight outta Compton. If you want to know the truth about Global Warming he’s the fucking M…A…N. Not only is he incredibly knowledgeable, but he’s open-minded and extraordinarily patient.
If you’ve never visited, I urge you to do so, especially if you have any questions about Global Warming. He answers all comers.
2) Legal Eagle– Legal Eagle is an Aussie, and she knows her stuff when it comes to matters of Legalese. She has a great style (Very approachable is the best way I can think to describe it) on a myriad of topics ranging from the consequences of the “War on Terror” to living with Red Hair in a world bent on worshiping Blonde’s.
If all Aussies are like Legal Eagle that may be where I head when and if Bush declares Martial Law.
3) Clapso– Clapso once commented, “Ack, you are merciless and I love and respect you for it!” The feeling is mutual Holmes. Clapso has the rare ability to not only write in a way that makes you think, but in a way that moves you. (And being the child of a Republican that says something. My heart is 1/2 coal).
4) Jolly Roger (Reconstitution 2.0)- Jolly has declared war on the “Chimpletons”, and Damn I’m glad I’m on Jolly’s side. Scathing and thorough.
Excellent writer, and straight burns the asses of these fools running/ruining our country. (Jolly also served this fine Country, and therefore has personal insight into the plight of our young men and women fighting and dying in Iraq).
5) M. Frederick Voorhees (The Public Intellectual)- MFV is yet another excellent writer who sees the Light. Takes these Bitches to task every day, on da’ Real.
Well, there they are, and I hope everyone who comes to visit Jonestown will pay these fine individuals a visit as well.
I think people get in the habit of reading the same blogs over and over, and forget that there are millions of people out there, and some actually know how to write a Damn fine sentence or two.
To anyone I left off, I apologize. Some of you already had this honor bestowed on you by others, and some of you I wasn’t sure if you’d want it. (That whole “Anti-Tagging” thing and all).
Just know that if you’re on Jonestown’s Blogroll, other than Buchanan (Although he’s not a bad writer for a fucking maniac), you are there for a Reason.
Peace and Hominy Grits
~ by fairlane on August 10, 2007.